Thursday, August 28, 2014

Back to School Part 2

As we approach the end of our third week of school and I find myself exhaling a bit more and somewhat less anxious, it becomes evident to me that the work that we put into planning for safety in our school is worth it! We've transitioned from eating in a classroom to now eating in the main cafeteria successfully. The first birthday cupcake event took place in my son's classroom with no incident (well aside from the fact that mommy forgot to bake a cupcake). But it worked out because our "Emergency Food" plan that was put in place was the back up to my oversight and he was able to enjoy his "Oreo" emergency treat!
So with that said I have included a template for the labels that we distributed to the school to use for any food events held in any early childhood classrooms that might have a child with food allergies. In my next post I will share with you a few of my favorite "Back to School" products from "Blue Bear Allergy Aware" online catalog.

USE THIS LABEL TEMPLATE TO PRINT OUT
"STOP I HAVE FOOD ALLERGIES" LABELS.
(AVERY 5163 2x4 NEON LABELS)

GIVE THESE TO YOUR CHILD'S TEACHER/NURSE TO PLACE ON YOUR CHILD'S BACK DURING CLASSROOM FOOD EVENTS.

Our "Nut Eggactly" mom has seen this implemented in the child care setting and has found that it is very helpful to alert any volunteers or staff that are not familiar with your child's food allergy.

No comments:

Post a Comment