Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Back to School Part 2: Recap

Follow up on Back to School Part 2. We covered quite a bit of information during the meeting, so I will recap a few points that stood out for me from the meeting. I first want to start off by saying THANK YOU to our guest, a Dietary Accommodations Nutritionist for HISD, for joining us in our back to school discussion. In a previous post I included links to HISD's nutrition information. I was impressed then as I perused their site and found tons of information for students with special dietary needs. Now after meeting the person involved in managing the process for Dietary Accommodations, I am in awe after learning about the meticulous process that goes on behind the scenes of the nutrition department in the 7th largest school district in the country. For our HISD families that follow us on social media I can say that you are in good hands! I also want to point out that this was HISD's first year with a tent at the FARE Walk here in Houston. So a big thank you to Food Service for making that happen! It's great when you know that an institution as large as HISD  is taking the time and resources to participate and advocate for our food allergy community! HFAN is looking forward to seeing them back out there for the 2015 walk!


HFAN Dairy Allergy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment